Saturday, June 11, 2011

NOW THAT ITS HOT IS BEING NATURAL A YES OR A ...NOT!!

Alot of people are very clueless about natural hair until they become natural themselves. Before i got a perm i use to get my hair straightened with a hot comb. Oh , you couldn't tell me I wasn't cute lol. I don't remember much of my childhood but younger pictures help me see what I looked like. I had very curly hair, pig tails and they were chin length. My sister hair was straight and down her back .Although her hair was straight she still would get it hot combed because it was straight and curly. My mother is black and my dad is Cherokee and his mother and fathers were as well. His mother was mixed black and either red foot or black foot Cherokee Indian and his dad was pure Cherokee black foot. So we have mixture hair. My grandmother hair was curly and my pop pop hair was long and straight. My dad eventually as a kid used s-curl kit to help define his curls. He went to a salon twice in his life and ever sense then he hasn't put any chemicals in his hair except for Donnie curl moisturiser.
My sister and i are 4 yrs apart and were very much proud of our hair. She started doing my hair when she was in the 4th grade my mom had stopped completely, so my sister would do her best with both of our heads. Guess my hair was too thick and kinky curly for her so she permed it. My hair went from my chin down to my collar bone and i swung my hair left and right lol. All the way up until December 22,2010 I was a relaxed hair girl. My hair was knotting up and wasn't as strong as it use to be. I was 23 yrs old and it was time for a change. I wasn't showing my hair much before any way , I was wearing wigs. So I started snipping my hair and my sister WENT CRAZYYYYYYYY . I asked her to do it but she said " I don't want no part of this i cant believe you want to cut your hair. We can cut the knots out not the whole thing." She got the scissors and helped me out.
This natural journey has been a looonggg journey. I never liked short hair so I still haven't showed my hair to anyone. I take pics and keep track of the growth and I'm amazed. Being natural is pretty ok , I'm not going back to perms but I'm not ready to show it yet until it gets down to a length I'm comfortable with. But now that its hot the question is ,"Is being natural a yes or a NOT!" Its a big yesss lol I can get caught in the rain and all my hair will do is curl up if i had it out. If I went swimming I know I'd look good with my curls . My only problem is people with relaxed hair claiming their hair is natural just because there hair is curly or waved up from taking braids out lol W.T.H. is that all about. Posting pics from the beach talking about "My natural curls". Natural is chemical free except for moisturizers and relaxed and textured hair is chemical placed on your hair changing the natural pattern and texture. Texturizers are used to help loosen up curls for those who have really tight kinky curls BUT ITS STILL A CHEMICAL because if you leave it in too long it'll make your hair straight.
Now that I'm natural I realized its a major transition in my life. I'm single so i don't have to worry about the pressure of my boyfriend having to like or dislike my hair which many females are afraid to go through which is understandable. Society has brainwashed alot and it will take some time to do a 360 but trust it will, AND IT IS being done. You know what happens when it get hot out and you don't want to deal with all that long hair. Girls start cutting there hair and showing it off. Some try being natural and short others try permed and short. But what do you think "Now that its hot is being a natural a yes or a NOT?"

No comments:

Post a Comment