Sunday, February 27, 2011

how can you make your dreams come true when the real world responsibilities are eating at you

Most of us dont have parents or family to rely on leaving us dreamers to step into the real world strong and hungry. what ever job we get we stick it out and try to work our way up to the top .But doing that means being a manager and giving more of your time for long hours. If your a dreamer like me you never dreamed of working at 9 to 5 unless that 9 to 5 was your passion. For example before my knees got messed up i would love to dance. I can be dead beat tired but always have the energy to dance because i enjoyed it so much.thats because i discovered my passion for dancing at the age of 9. I also discovered my passion for performing arts and every different field that came with it , so performing arts was always my 9 to 5 vision.
 Im 23 yrs old now and have half accomplished many things that i thought i would never attempt but i did. But thats the problem "I HALF ACCOMPLISHED  EVERYTHING ". All because the real world  told me straight after high school "ok now its just you yourself and responsibilities".
          I worked a full time job got sick stepped down to part time and saved money and put myself through  the John robert powers program for acting and commercial printwork and i received my certificates and got offers for auditions but never could make it because of work. At this time i was a manager opening and closing the store and couldnt risk not showing up for work because i was told about the audition the day before. I would of got fired i needed a heads up so i could let my bosses know. I starting working more on my music side and had a good run of 2yrs working with different teams and writting songs for different artist and singing hooks until one team made me decide either i sing or be his girlfriend.  I'll let you figure out what i decided lol.here it is 6 yrs later 2011 and im still stuck with working and dealing with responsibilities and i feel like im fading away and maybe i should just give it up. I always knew that if performing arts dont work i wanted to be a visual merchandiser which im doing now . But im struggling as it is and i dont have the time to be worrying about my dream because soon i might need a 2nd job just to survive. so the question thats been sitting on my mind for years is "how can you make your dreams come true when the real world responsibilities are eating at you"?

No comments:

Post a Comment